CLASSROOM LEARNING ACTIVITY:
Using Four Corners
1. Provide students with 4 choices: Standard form, short word form, word form, and expanded form. They choose which one they want to represent and think of a number to give as an example.
2. Give students think time to choose the form they want to represent, and write it on a sticky note.
3. Have students give 1 or 2 examples of the number form they chose.
4. Direct students to the designated number form areas.
5. Once they are in their area with their sticky notes, they pair up with someone in the corner and share their thoughts. (If needed, students may make a group of three, but no more)