Think-Tac-Toe? What is Think-Tac-Toe? Think-Tac-Toe is a strategy that allows students to chose how they will show what they are learning, by giving them a variety of activities to chose from. Students are given a 3 x 3 grid, just like tic-tac-toe with the exception that each spot is filled with an activity.
Creating a Think-Tac-Toe is quite simple and the format can be used over and over in different content areas.
- Create 9 activities related to the content that you are covering
- Create 8 activities, leaving the middle blank for a “free choice”
- Provide activities that are below level, on level, and above.
- Create activities that are based on different learning styles.
- Provide activities that encompass all subjects.
- Early finishers
- Choose one activity per column, row, or diagonal with a total of 3.
- Choose any three activities on the grid.
- Assign for homework.
- Give deadlines for completion.
Why is it Differentiated?
- Think-tac-toes can address multiple learning styles.
- Students pick the ones that they are able to complete successfully.
We have a range of think-tac-toes that I use mainly for early finishers around the holidays. The links to the freebies are below!
St. Patrick’s Day Think-Tac-Toe
Have you used a Think-Tac-Toe with your students?