1. Provide students with 4 choices: Addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division.
2. They choose which one they want to represent and provide a problem and answer.
3. Give students think time to choose their operation, and write it on a sticky note.
4. Have students give 2 or 3 problems and answers that include the operation they chose.
5. Direct students to the designated areas.
6. Once they are in their area with their sticky notes, they pair up with someone in the corner and share their thoughts. (If needed, students may make a group of three, but no more)