Caught with Character is a bulletin board that I use in my classroom. It’s fun, interactive, and allows students to highlight the good character they find fellow classmates engaged in.
- Add the words slowly, giving students time to become familiar with the trait. I have added one word monthly and I have also added them bi-monthly.
- Have slips of paper available for students to write down the good character they witness.
- Provide easy access to thumb tacks or a stapler for students to post their slips.
- At the end of the week, as the board has a tendency to get filled up, I remove the Caught with Character slips and pass them back to students so they can take them home and share.
What Has Just Happened?
- Students that may get overlooked for good character otherwise, receives recognition from peers.
- Students reflect, they see a classmate showing good character they reflect on their own.
- Students love to be acknowledged for the good that they do!
Like What You See?
Since my bulletin board was made by me, I have it all in handy-dandy document that I thought I would share with you. You can download it for free at Shop Teaching with Simplicity or also in my TpT store.